Sunday, March 11

Safety of the Castle


I had such a wonderful and refreshing time this weekend at a Women’s retreat in Shanghai. It was so great to get together with other sisters in Christ to praise and worship and to feed on the Word of God. Our speakers were Ellie Lofaro and Kathy Troccoli (singer). 

One of the many things that I came away with was ‘Do I understand the safety of the castle?’

Romans 8:14-17 “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ……….”

What is an heir?
• a person who is entitled by law or by the terms of a will to inherit the estate of another.
• a successor: a person who inherits some title or office.

We are heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ.I need to remember that!

By  feeding on the Word and believing what the Word says, I will grow in the understanding that I am an heir. Nothing less!  As I become familiar with who I am in Christ, I begin to take on the authority that has been granted to me.

Thank you Jesus!

No comments: