Wednesday, June 17

What is your first port of call?


--> What would be your first port of call when you receive a late night phone call from your doctor explaining your medical check up results?

I wouldn’t be telling the truth if I didn’t say that I had a few moments of panic and worry and my mind going into overdrive, racing to try and figure things all out!

After a few minutes of trying to problem-solve in my head, I sat down and had a conversation with Daddy. I could imagine Him smiling and at the same time shaking His head and thinking 'There she goes trying to figure it all out!" 

Why talk to Him?  I believe that He is the only one who knows me better than I know myself. It was His hand that knitted me together in my mother’s womb and His eyes saw my unformed body! (Psalms 139:13, 16). He knows how everything works! Who else would be a better doctor and listener then my Creator!


I am encouraged by His words in which He says,  But now thus says the Lord, He who created you, O Jacob, He who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. (Isaiah 43:1)

The reading goes on to say ..When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. (vs 28) 

I take comfort in His Words, knowing that He is faithful and that when I hand over my fears of the unknown and my whole situation to Him, I believe AND trust that He will take control.

No comments: