Sunday, July 27

Humility fashion

All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, 'God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.' Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:5-7

According to the wikipedia definition, 'Humility is the defining characteristic of an unpretentious and modest person, someone who does not think that he or she is better or more important than others.'

The fashion industry is continually changing. Fashion trends come and go. What maybe considered 'in' today maybe 'out of fashion' by a year's time! I've noticed that some clothes or fashions of yester years are becoming more stylish today. In society today, clothes speak alot about the person........(in some cases).

God instructs us to wear humility, no matter what the trend maybe. Humility does not change with fashion but is consistent. So why does He want us to wear humility? Because 'He opposes the proud....'( vs 5). Pride makes no room for God because it 'me' who gets the praise!
Oh that's a hard one to wear but I trust what God says in His word. At the proper time, God will be the One who will do the lifting up.

Lord, help me to dress in humility. I realise I cannot do it on my own.

No comments: