Tuesday, July 29

Perfect faithfulness

O LORD, you are my God; I will exalt You and praise Your name, for in perfect faithfulness You have done marvelous things, things planned long ago.
......You have been a refuge for the poor, a refuge for the needy in his distress, a shelter from the storm and a shade from the heat. For the breath of the ruthless is like a storm driving against a wall and like the heat of the desert. You silence the uproar of foreigners; as heat is reduced by the shadow of a cloud, so the song of the ruthless is stilled.
In that day they will say, "Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation." Isaiah 25:1-5, 9


To me, this passage speaks about that sense of security and confirmation about His powerful protection. I love where it says '.......perfect faithfulness'. Not tainted or broken BUT perfect!!The God who sees my tomorrow from today (Ps.139:16) sticks to His plans. If that was me planning something a week ago by this week, I would have added or deleted items that were on the list. But His plans stand firm forever (Ps.33:11).

He is our refuge, shelter and shade. I can be confident that when the enemy comes at me like a storm or heat, He will 'still the song of the ruthless.' What a comforting and reassuring passage!!
Because of His perfect faithfulness, He will never fail us.

No comments: