Sunday, November 30

Our God is a Covenant God - Part 10

OBEDIENCE is the key.
God sent His Spirit giving us power to walk in 100 percent obedience to Him! God placed His Spirit within man to reveal His will to him and teach him His ways. Jesus told His disciples the Spirit would 'lead and guide them into all truth.' Jesus told them, 'He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your rememberance, whatsoever I have said unto you' (John 14:26).The Holy Spirit not only writes God's laws in our hearts, He gives us the power to do them!

What an awesome God we serve! By His Spirit, He has circumcised our hearts...taken out our stony hearts...and has given us new hearts filled with His love. He has restored our will and brought it into harmony with His will, so that we now have a desire to love and obey Him with our whole hearts. He has given us power to obey Him and power over sin!

In this blood-covenant relationship, He has 'given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness' (2Pet.1:4). He has given us 'exceeding great promises' and has made us 'partakers of the divine nature' (2Pet.1:4). He has given us an inheritance as joint heirs of the Kingdom of God.

By His Spirit He placed within me, I am set free from the bondage of the Law. Christ has purchased my freedom! To walk in freedom, I must be led by the Spirit. I must no longer depend upon my own strength, but upon the power of the Holy Spirit God has placed within me. 'So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.......But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law' (Gal.5:16,18).

No comments: