Sunday, November 23

Our God is a Covenant God - Part 7

God Has Given Us a Special Guide....the Holy Spirit!
God sent the 'angel of His presence'.....the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God...before the children of Israel to drive out their enemies, to protect, to lead and guide them to the Promised land. He led them by a pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night. As they were obedient to Him, they were to inherit the promised blessings.
Under the New Covenant, God has given us a special guide...the Holy Spirit...to cause us to know and do the commandments of God, to direct and guide us into the place He has prepared for us. He has placed His Spirit within us to teach us His ways.

God told Israel: 'I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws' (Ezekial 36:27).
Jesus said: 'And I will ask the Father and He will give you another counsellor to be with you forever-the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you will know Him, for he lives with you and will be in you.....But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you' (John 14:16-17,26).

Not only do we have the Holy Spirit to teach, lead and guide us to the promised land...that Heavenly city, New Jerusalem.....it is the Holy Spirit working within us that gives us the will and the power to keep the covenant God has made with us...to walk in obedience to Him.

Allowing the Holy Spirit to lead us is very important! I need to walk each day with the consciousness of His Presence and I need to know the covenant promises-what is mine in the Name of Jesus! How do I know what is mine??? Spend time reading the Word of God!

No comments: