Monday, March 31

Attitude check

Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus. Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made Himself nothing. Philipians 2:5-7.

I'm so glad it's level ground at the foot of the cross. No matter the colour of your skin, status in society or vocation, we can stand side by side under the cross. I remember the story of a prince who went to worship at a local city church. At the end of the sermon, the pastor extended an invitation for prayers. A peasant walked forward then knelt at the altar. A few minutes later, he felt a tap on his shoulder and someone whispering for him to move to the other side. It was one of the prince's body guard. Seeing what was happening before him, the prince motioned to the peasant to kneel beside him and said 'It's OK'.

What a humbling attitude shown by Christ. Trying to be equal with God never crossed His mind. He had to be nothing to be something. Someone that could be filled and used by God. WOW, oh so humbling!

Dear Father,
I desire this same attitude as Christ. As I draw close to You may I leave behind the titles that the world has attached to my name but come just as I am, a woman seeking and yearning after Your heart. May I become nothing so that I can be something for You. I know that You cannot fill me with Your desires if I'm already full of mine. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments: